We realize that our clients compete in an increasingly volatile and complex business environment. When a CP advisor walks through your door, he or she will be thinking about new and innovative ways for you to compete. Working in partnership with your team, we closely assess all relevant aspects of your business, design strategies to unlock new sources of advantage, and support you in bringing them to life.
…we stand beside our clients to help enable the organization in achieving important goals.
But we do not stop at the development of a new strategy; we stand beside our clients to help enable the organization in achieving important goals. Among our clients, the demand for enablement is growing. In response, we have been partnering with companies across industries, helping them strengthen such core capabilities as pricing, sales, change management, technology execution and leadership.
Our consulting and enablement programs have been helping clients to identify, seize, and sustain advantaged positions since 2001. We deliver a tangible improvement in business results by creating a step-change in maturity levels of the capabilities companies require to win. We help our clients develop a project portfolio that is managed as a program to build better managers and the next-level business platforms that enable achieving an enduring competitive advantage.
Sustained profitable growth is critical to the success of every company—but the search for growth has never been more demanding. The quest for growth raises important questions:
- How do we maximize the growth potential of our current businesses?
- What can we do to gain market share?
- How can we create meaningful differentiation for our solution?
- How can we outgrow our industry and competitors?
- What growth opportunities in adjacent markets are most attractive?
- Where are medium-to-long-term growth opportunities likely to emerge—and what do we need to do to capture them?
- Our experience helps clients achieve and accelerate growth in their core business and beyond. Combining creativity and analytical insight with client engagement, our approach helps clients overcome real and perceived barriers to growth.
MARKETING AND SALES
Our mission is to leverage deep business-to-business insights to inspire high-impact thinking in all aspects of marketing, branding, sales, and pricing. We work to help clients realize sustainable economic results. Therefore, our work extends across strategy, planning, execution, and capability building.
With more than 30 years of experience and broad expertise in marketing and sales, our capabilities include proficiency in six key areas:
- B2B MARKETS – Marketing can become more effective through our knowledge of business-to-business markets, which helps our clients determine buying behavior, develop useful offerings across channels, and clearly present their products to customers.
- BRANDING – Branding and communications involve fashioning the brand architecture and positioning and then connecting each brand with the customer—using meaningful insights into customer behavior and rigorous business analysis. We help our clients become brand leaders—increasing the value-added potential of the brand with customers, employees, and capital markets.
- SALES CHANNELS -Sales channels are more complex and challenging to manage as customers, channels, and markets rapidly evolve. We help our clients create more-effective sales-force and channel arrangements by applying our broad experience to each client’s individual needs; developing clear, customized strategies; and driving a disciplined implementation process.
- PRICING – Pricing has become even more crucial as our clients face shifts in customer demand and channel complexity. We help clients use pricing as a powerful tool to shape customer behavior, improve earnings, and drive brand perception. We ensure that our clients capture immediate profit through optimal pricing.
- G0-T0-MARKET STRATEGY – Go-to-market strategy combines all the commercial functions—sales, marketing, brand management, pricing, and knowledge of consumers—to drive the bottom line. We use an integrated approach to help assess the effectiveness of our clients’ current marketing and sales capabilities, identify the areas most in need of attention, and design a comprehensive program for improvement.
- COMPETITIVE ASSESSMENT – A competitive analysis is an assessment of the competition in a certain market aimed at informing business decisions. An assessment typically involves creating a list of competitors and creating a profile for each competitor that includes information such as the types of products and services they sell, their market share, marketing strategies, and notable strengths and weaknesses. The assessment may also include comparisons between a business’s specific products and services and the offerings of competitors.
THE PURPOSE OF A COMPETITIVE ASSESSMENT– The purpose of a competitive assessment is to help executives and line management account for the presence of competitors when making business decisions. Identifying the strengths and weaknesses of competitors can allow managers to exploit weaknesses, emulate strengths, or avoid competing in areas where other companies are especially strong. Failure to account for the presence of competitors can result in bad business decisions. For example, if a certain neighborhood already has a well-established coffee shop, it might not be a wise to open a similar shop in that area. On the other hand, a new shop that specializes in different or complementary services might have a better chance of being successful.
Companies in financial distress face a unique set of challenges. They must ensure short-term survival while preparing for long-term success. Improvement requires a robust reorganization plan that addresses the needs of all stakeholders is imperative. To thrive again in these difficult times, companies must answer critical questions such as these:
- How can we quickly stop the bleeding?
- How can we release and generate cash to fund our operations?
- How can we focus on the most viable parts of the business moving forward?
Our turnaround approach focuses on the most important operational, strategic, organizational, and financial levers in order to ensure a sustainable recovery. We will validate an existing turnaround plan or develop a new one tailored to a client’s specific circumstances. By combining our deep industry experience with the proven tools of crisis management, we create lasting impact—fast!
POST MERGER INTEGRATION
Following a merger, management is under significant time pressure to address challenges such as defining integration priorities and identifying synergies. Once the priorities are determined, it is critical that a robust change management system and project plan carry the following implications
Our post merger integration (PMI) process deals with several crucial questions:
- What functions must be integrated quickly, and how do we focus on realizing synergies?
- How can we best integrate two different cultures and deal with conflicts between them?
- How do we keep employees focused on business and customers during the integration process?
- We have a proven set of standard best practices, but we adapt our approach to each particular type of merger and to the most important sources of potential value. Also, our teams work closely with the client at all levels to embed change throughout the entire organization and deliver maximum value.
PEOPLE AND ORGANIZATIONS
At CP, we believe in the power of people and that working together is the foundation of competitive advantage for any organization. With that mindset, we strive to improve employee engagement and company performance in all our work with clients. By focusing on both, companies can achieve real change and sustainable advantage over competitors.
- Leadership and Talent
- Change Management
- Organizational Design
- Succession Planning
- Family Business Leadership Transition
- One of the most difficult challenges for any family business lies in making an effective Succession Plan. The potentially explosive mix of commercial and personal issues generates more trouble inside more family businesses than almost anything else and, as a consequence, the task is all-too-often put in the “too hard” basket. Sadly, this inevitably leaves a legacy of conflict and possible disaster for both the business and its various stakeholders (especially in the family) as succeeding generations have to clean up the mess and confusion left behind.
- We take a very transparent approach to Succession Planning. This allows our facilitation, problem solving, commercial, business advisory and development capabilities to work closely with directors, owners, executives and family members in the process.
- Our process is designed to help develop a new leader who can “stand on the shoulders” of the old, rather than simply “fill their shoes”. The new leader must be accepted by company employees, family members, other stakeholders and the market place at large, as the best choice for the job.
- In the case of a family business where there is no intention to allow control or ownership to pass outside the family, the process helps select the best candidate and identify whether (a) they are up to the job at all and (b) what training, coaching and support they may need to be able to take over and run the company properly in the long term.
Our clients are senior business and IT executives who value our independent, bias-free, and results-oriented approach. Because we have no financial interest in downstream IT selection or outsourcing services, CP acts as an objective technology partner. Our clients also value CP’s recognized strengths in strategy, organization, and operations, as well as the broad strategic lens we apply to IT.