NexPress by Kodak
During the post acquisition integration of Heidelberg Digital Printing and NexPress, Kodak retained Cosgrove Partners to develop an integrated sales and marketing model capable of supporting the new enterprise. Venkat Purushotham, President and CEO of NexPress was chartered with creating a best in class sales organization while achieving operating synergies in the new organization.
COSGROVE PARTNERS ACTION
During the 18 week engagement, CP collaborated with each functional executive of the business to define specific goals, objectives, and measurements for the new sales organization. Following the initial research, CP developed a robust sales strategy and staffing model to achieve the stated goals.
Specifically, the project included on the following deliverables:
- Comprehensive customer assessment and interviews
- Creation of new sales structure and management approach
- Development of sales management “play book”
- Development of sales coverage models / territory plans
- Multi-channel sales model (direct, indirect, ecommerce)
- Creation of on-boarding program for sales
Upon the completion of the integration, NexPress experienced a 23% increase in new machine sales and a 42% sales increase in operating consumables such as toner and replacement cartridges. “As the number of machines in the market increases, the consumables business will accelerate, creating an attractive annuity stream,” said Antonio Perez, President and Chief Operating Officer, Eastman Kodak Company.