A mid-market private equity owned manufacturing firm was experiencing inconsistent forecasting and unreliable revenue performance. The sales organization lacked professional sales management and did not have a consistent sales process. CP was retained to develop and implement a sales management system for the platform company that would scale into bolt on acquisitions.
COSGROVE PARTNERS ACTION
CP completed a thorough review of the existing sales and marketing processes of the organization. Working closely with the CEO and VP Sales, CP developed an implementation roadmap to reengineer the entire sales process and develop a custom sales management system to manage the cycle.
The approach specifically included:
- Review and modifications to the lead generation process
- Development of a territory planning and management process
- Evaluated competitive products to define differentiation strategy
- Developed comprehensive marketing launch
- Defined and implemented channel strategy