After successfully acquiring and integrating more than 25 automotive aftermarket paint distribution companies and gaining a national distribution platform, the company sought to maximize the profitability of additional scale. CP was retained to analyze the go-to-market approach and seek out additional revenue streams contiguous with the core business.
COSGROVE PARTNERS ACTION
CP facilitated an extensive review the automotive paint distribution market including a detailed competitive analysis, more than 100 customer interviews, interviews and analysis of each major supplier, and other service providers who support the automotive aftermarket.
The initiative resulted in the following:
- Expanded product offering of items frequently purchased by the existing customer base
- Integration of new paint-matching technologies
- Extensive supply chain improvements
- Backward integration into the payor (insurance) networks
- Sales training program
- New sales management methodology
- Double digit revenue increase
- Substantial EBITDA increase